# Oldest Engineering Educational Institution of Pakistan, established 1921
# Constituent Campuses in Lahore, Kala Shah Kaku, Faisalabad, and Gujranwala
# Ranked 501st (+) in TIMES World ranking of Universities
# Holds One Sitara-e-Imtiaz, One Izaz-e-Kamal Presidential Award, and Nine
HEC Best Teacher Awards
# Student enrollment 8865 with 640 overseas students
# Faculty strength 741 including 14 International faculty members
# Annual recurring budget Rs. 1500 M and Dev. budget Rs. 1200 M
The main campus of the University of Engineering and Technology is located in the northern part of Lahore on the historical ‘Grand Trunk’ road, near the magnificent Shalimar Gardens built during the great Mughal empire.
The institution started its career in 1921 as the ‘ Mughalpura Technical College ’. Later it became the ‘Maclagan Engineering College’, a name given to it in 1923 when Sir Edwards Maclagan, the then Governor of the Punjab who laid the foundation stone of the main building, now called the Main Block, which still retains its majesty despite the wear and tear of over eight decades. At that stage the institution offered courses of study in only two disciplines; Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.