Media Anchors Should Be Controlled by GovernmentBy Altaf Khan • Oct 30th, 2009 • Category: Politics • 8 Comments
All the private media channels including GEO, ARYONEWORLD, Express, AAJ, DAWN and others have become mouth pieces of terrorists.
Just switch on any TV. You hear:
- A Blast has been heard in Peshawar.
- Then for five minutes it flashes.
- Then live coverage starts from the blast spot.
- They broadcast dead bodies, crying people, blood, and injured people.
- They telecast live collapsing of buildings, and they show running terrified people.
- They even telecast the live group attacks, and they literally help the master minds of terrorists to manage the attack.
Enough of the media independence. This so called media freedom has only filled the pockets of media anchorpersons and they have made them a celebrity of sensationalism. Its good that the standing committee of parliament has taken notice of media terrorism, and they must control the media anchors who are harming the security and integrity of the Pakistan. Qamaruzzaman Kaira is right when he directs the media to behave.