The Federal Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education (FBISE) Islamabad established under FBISE ACT 1975, is an autonomous body of the Ministry of Education. It is empowered with administrative and financial authority to organize, regulate, develop and control Intermediate and Secondary Education in general and conduct examinations in the institutions affiliated with it.
Jurisdiction of the Federal Board includes:-
* Islamabad Capital Territory
* All over Pakistan (Cantonments and Garrisons)
* Federally Administered Northern Areas
Role and responsibilities are briefly described below:-
* Affiliate institutions imparting SSC and HSSC education within Pakistan and abroad.
* Prescribe courses of instructions for SSC and HSSC
* Ensure provision of requisite facilities in the affiliated institutions
* Hold exams, appoint examiners and supervisory staff
* Institute measures to promote physical well being of students
* Conduct additional Examinations:
o Allama Iqbal Gold Medal Competitive
o PTC and CT
o Diploma in Education