Changing Moods with Changing WeatherBy Sehar Sajjad • May 26th, 2012 • Category: Entertainment • No Responses
Weather has influence in our mood. A mood is a temporary state of mind and it certainly changes with the weather. Studies have reported that the weather has effects on positive mood of people and more sunlight; less wind made people happier. But the weather had effects on the negative moods of the people. For instance, less sunlight was linked with greater fatigue.
· Due to positive effects of weather on mood, we feel active, alert, attentive, excited.
· Due to negative effects of weather on mood, we feel irritable, scared, upset, guilty, tired.
· Bad weather has a huge negative impact on anyone’s mood by interfering with plans. For example, the people are not happy due to the heavy rain which could have led to the postponement of the outdoor plans like long-distance travel.
· When days become shorter people have positive feelings.
· Variations in temperature, wind, and sunlight were found to have an effect on negative mood.
Lovely weather has an element of beauty with the breezy outdoors making us feel lighter and inspired. A sunny morning or a dewy evening can really shape up to be a beautiful day. All in all, a wonderful weather has a deep relationship with elevated mood, better memory, and extended cognitive functioning during the spring as the time spent outside increases in such seasons. The same relationships between mood and weather were not observed during other times of year, and indeed hotter weather was correlated with lesser brighter mood in the summer.
The weather does affect your mood and personality so try spending at least half an hour outside on a nice day every day or take a stroll out in the evening just to relax and enjoy the nature. Staying inside or outside all day long isn’t going to improve your mood. Change and add fun activities to your routine. For instance, if you normally eat lunch in your office, try going outside and enjoying your lunch in the garden or roof on a nice day.
Remember to make your each day, the best one and the day after even better!